When the best is not good enough
MAKING A DIFFERENCE
Quality, safety and efficacy
HIGHEST QUALITY, PURITY AND POTENCY IN OUR PRODUCTS
Uniform and controlled production from the cultivation processes to the placing on the market of the product following pharmaceutical Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards of excellence.
TRIPLE ANALYTICAL CHECK
Controls on safety, purity, determination of concentration of active biomolecules and confirmation of the stability of the final product. This includes microbiological, pesticide, heavy metals and gluten testing.
Extract fingerprint: extract fingerprints are obtained using advanced analytical techniques, and enable us to substantiate the identity of the extract
Mayte Monreal Núñez / HI Hub Clinical Operations Manager
Safety: Testing to guarantee Organic status: this testing ensures the total absence of 400 pesticides and heavy metals in each batch produced as well as in the final product (external control analyses performed by EUROFINS and CRAEGA). Microbiological testing: our testing is in some cases more strict than those required by European pharmacopeias. Stability tests: their use is normally reserved exclusively to the pharmaceutical industry and many supplement companies do not carry them out. The final products are tested under certain temperature and humidity conditions to assess the stability of the formulas. Concentration: Standardisation of active biomolecules: unlike other medicinal mushroom-based products, Hifas da Terra’s labelling informs the concentrations of these active biomolecules through analytical processes. The Hifas-Lab Team certifies their presence, composition and concentration (Beta-glucans, terpenes, vitamins and minerals, among others), through external analytical audit systems (GMP, ISO 13485 and EUROFINS Labs).
Hifas da Terra has one of the largest medicinal mushroom strain banks in Europe, this allows us to select the most suitable strain for each development.
We select our partners based on strict criteria of excellence, traceability and safety established by Hifas da Terra in Hifas Quality System (HQS).
Our own exclusive collection of autochthonous strains of medicinal mushrooms, isolated by our R&D team. We have more than 200 strains, some of which are deposited and protected under different IP rights whilst others are in the process of patenting.
R&D+I: ISOLATION AND SEARCH FOR NEW STRAINS
Continuous expansion of our fungal strain bank by selecting new strains of medicinal mushrooms for the HMB (Hifas Mycological Bank).
HIGHER CONCENTRATION OF ACTIVE BIOMOLECULES
Implementation of state-of-the-art technologies (patent pending), directly related to product potency and extraction yield. In addition, we minimise natural waste with the creation of by-products for new uses in animal feed or agriculture.
Exclusive extraction system, which uses unique technologies and raw materials to achieve a higher concentration of active ingredients. We are currently the only European company that produces fungal extracts in Spain. It is also a sustainable extraction system.
HOW TO CHOOSE A QUALITY SUPPLEMENT MADE FROM MEDICINAL MUSHROOMS?
Medicinal mushrooms can contain heavy metals, pesticides and be irradiated. Good brand selection is essential. Always look for these labels and the concentration of bioactive molecules:
GMP certificate of pharmaceutical excellence, products suitable for coeliacs, lactose intolerant, vegans, etc.
Active biomolecules such as beta-glucans, alpha-glucans, etc.
Research and development behind each product and brand.
Of the products (up to triple analytical check of the raw material and the finished product).
Certified organic European production.
They are not mixed with herbal medicine, artificial flavourings or fillers.
Absence of non-essential components (rice, wood, straw, etc.).
100% pure medicinal mushroom extracts obtained from carpophores, regulated under food supplement regulations.
100% recyclable glass containers.
Study reveals that 75% of Reishi supplements tested contain only traces or no mushrooms at all
Source: Revista Nature & Nutraingredients
A 2017 study conducted in the USA and published in the scientific journal Nature revealed that only 25% of medicinal mushroom products, i.e. 1 in 4, contain the amount of Reishi that their labelling reflects. The other 75% have only traces of Reishi or no mushroom at all.
OPTIMISATION AND SUSTAINABILITY IN THE PRODUCTION PROCESS
Quality, efficiency and our commitment to the environment go hand in hand to deliver excellent and sustainable products.